To help ensure that your procedure at Park Slope Oral Surgery, as well as your recovery, goes smoothly, please follow these guidelines:
- Good oral hygiene is essential for proper healing. Brush and floss your teeth.
- Please be prompt in order not to inconvenience other patients.
- Prepare for a cool, liquid to soft diet for the first 24 hours. This can include ice cream, pudding, Jell-O, yogurt, applesauce and protein drinks. Ice bags will be necessary for the first 24 hours for swelling that may occur post-operatively.
- Prior to your surgery, if there are any changes to your medical history, additional medications, or if you have any respiratory problems, please call our office!
- Please do not eat within two hours of your surgery appointment if you plan to have nitrous oxide.